This release includes a set of new features, updates, and minor bug fixes. A multi-level menu and newCoffee Shop layout design have become prominent features of this release. Let’s review all of the changes below:
- Multi-level menu. Earlier, all menu items could be grouped by categories only. Now we have added subcategories for clear and concise menu presentation. Each category can be split into subcategories. As a result, you get a menu that is easy to read and navigate. As you look at it, you can quickly grasp the required menu positions.
Documentation reference: Category tutorial.
- Coffee Shop layout design. An elegant and clean design with new fonts and colors is a great solution for coffee shops and other restaurant businesses. Now you have more options for styling your menu
Documentation reference: Menu Layout tutorial.
- Italian layout design. We have renamed the old default design to Italian. Now it is available as a separate option.
Documentation reference: Menu Layout tutorial.
- CSS styles section. Now you can edit CSS styles of the component directly via Joomla admin panel. Earlier, you could do this only from your hosting via FTP.
- Class suffix in Category module settings. By assigning class suffix to the module you can individually style the module. Now you can assign a class suffix to the Meal Category module in order to change module display, for example, font or background color.
- Coffee Shop design for Category module. Now you can style Category module using our custom module style - fwfm-coffee-shop. Assign this class suffix to the Meal Category module to add a unique style to the module.
- Images format 100X100. Earlier the allowed format for the displaying images was 100X70. Sometimes this format caused images distortion. We have changed the format to 100X100 to improve images display.
- FWFM Navigation. We have changed the name of the FWFM Meal Categories module to FWFM Navigation to avoid confusion with Meal Category module.
- Promo options icons display. Bug resulted in inability to display icons for promo options.
- Modules assignment to the page. It was impossible to assign more than one module to the content section of the page.
Get familiar with FW FoodMenu documentation to find more information about our product. Please use the comments section at the bottom of each documentation page to comment and suggest improvements that will make the product experience better.
Based on our customers’ requests and trends research in the Joomla sites development, we have improved the product for both site administrators and visitors. Version 4.8.0 contains numerous design and and functionality updates making our product more flexible and configurable to any taste.
So, first things first.
New design for galleries and files by default. This allows you to make your work with an admin panel of the site even more convenient and productive. Previous default design is still available as Classic option. In total FW Gallery has 5 design options and customer can switch designs in gloabal settings or individually on a menu item via Options tab.
Detailed layout for for every design. Each design has its own display style for galleries and files, which can be selected in accordance with a gallery purpose. Depending on a design selected and fields display chosen selected design will remain consistent.
Combined Galleries and Single Gallery menu layouts to avoid further confusion. Now there is only one Gallery Layout which can show top level galleries in no galleries is selected.
Information display customization option for galleries and files. This allows to optimize your work with albums of a specific gallery and single files. The following options are available:
- display gallery information under thumbnail or over it on hover;
- display file information under thumbnail or over it on hover;
Individual layout selection for a menu item on the site:
- grid selection - the number of objects in the bar and on the page can be set for the site menu item;
- global settings of galleries and images can be redefined for the site menu item;
- gallery can be set by selecting multiple galleries per one menu item.
An option to create a gallery by selecting tags assigned to single files. This approach saves a lot of time by the fact that the pictures do not need to be added again or moved between folders manually.
A new layout for one file with a other gallery files slider. Files slider also is available on Lightbox and can be turned off if it is not useful for the purposes of a site.
The ability to view files in a Lightbox rather than on an individual page. This allows the user to take fewer actions and receive information faster without waiting for the new page loading and without creating new tabs.
Improved design and display settings for the Slideshow module. The admin panel design has become visually more pleasant, and the module design itself has been updated (thus, the slideshow option has changed, the opportunity to add the image name, the date has appeared).
Optimized the design and display settings for the Content Plugin, which allows you to work more efficiently with images in articles (adjust the image position to the text, customize the galleries inside the article).
Updated Google Images (old Picasa) Import plugin. We renamed it into the Google Images Import Plugin and added the possibility to download images from both the Gmail account and the Picasa account.
... and many manu more. Please read the Changelog on top of FW Gallery Grand products page for the full updates list and read FW Gallery Documentation to see how new features work.
It's time to try the updated gallery!