A good pizza place needs attractive and informative pizza menu. Have a look at a pizza menu we created with FW Food Menu. A live version is available on FW Food Menu Pizzeria showcase demo.
Reading time: 10 mins.
Implementation time: 50 mins.
Check out our Pizzeria restaurant Guide for more details on configuring Pizzeria menu. The pizzeria menu should be intuitive, well-organized, and attractive so the customer could be inspired by your menu and easily find out what’s included into a desired Pepperoni pizza.
Our Pizzeria menu is a great example of an effective and good-looking 3 columns menu with beautiful meals images, stylish meals backgrounds, tiered pricing, and descriptions of ingredients. You can create the same pizza menu all by yourself, and you don’t need to be a professional. This showcase can be a good fit to any other fast food restaurant type - fish and chips, sandwiches, hamburgers, tacos, ice cream, etc. The only difference will be in meals’ types and the number of categories you will need to create. We will describe the page of the menu, its elements, and the business idea behind each element. Make sure to understand that to proceed with creating the same menu you need to prepare media content and install FW Food Menu to your Joomla website. To learn how to get started with FW Food Menu, review Getting started documentation page. If you have media content and FW Food Menu ready, it takes less than one hour to create a similar online menu. The overall process for creating such a menu looks as follows:
- Prepare media content - images of different pizza types (30 mins).
- Install FW Food Menu to present your online menu with a simple and elegant design that fits your pizza place (5 mins).
- Display all meals to show their images, pricing, portion sizes, and descriptions (40 mins).
- Configure promo options to highlight and style specific meal items (5 mins). Let’s review the Pizzeria restaurant menu we created below. Pizza menu page
Pizza menu page
A pizza menu should be colorful with appetizing images and complete details. A customer should be able to look through the menu before they start ordering. Make sure you have a clear list of the meals you have on offer. Aside from a clear list, it is also a great tool that you can promote your meals with.
This page is created based on the Menu layout allowing to display a category along with meals included in this category on the same page. The meals are arranged in three columns and each meal has a list of ingredients, available sizes and respective price for each size. Some of the meals are marked with Recommended and New promo emphasizing that the meal is worth paying attention to. Let’s review each element of the menu below:
- Page title. A title of the Pizzeria restaurant.
- Menu section title. A clear title of the menu section. You can add as many menu sections as it is provided by your menu.
- Menu section description. We added a text and image for a menu section description. You can add either of them or both.
- Meal. Meal referring to the Pizza category.
- New promo. A new meal highlighted with a blue label. You can choose between 4 promo options - Special, Recommended, New, and Meal of the Day. Each promo is styled differently.
- Meal background image. We placed a paper styled background image for each meal. Aside from a background image, you can set a background color.
- Meal image. An appetizing meal photo attracting the eye.
- Meal title. A beautifully styled and easy-to-find meal title.
- Meal description. A description of meal ingredients to provide your customers with more details.
- Prices and sizes. Clear pricing terms outlining meal sizes and corresponding prices for each size.
Our Pizzeria menu features a simple layout and design, allows to emphasize specials, style meals with beautiful background images and color, and many more. We have clearly outlined all the steps for creating such a menu in our Pizzeria Restaurant guide. Should you have any problems while configuring the menu, feel free to ask questions in the comments section at the bottom of the documentation page or contact us using General Questions form in your Client Section.
In this release, we implemented a series of new features and updates along with several bug fixes. The prominent feature of this release is a new Category layout bringing the whole new concept to menu presentation. Let’s review all of the changes below:
- Category layout. We created a new layout for meal categories. If earlier categories and meal items were displayed on the same page, now meal categories are the top-level categories leading to a meal items page. The categories are styled with meal images slideshow displayed on hover. You can add a short description to a meal category, for example, a price range or any other specific information.
- 3 columns layout. We added a parameter allowing to set 3 columns menu. Works perfectly with the image on top new parameter. As a result, the menu looks differently and engaging.
- Image top/right/left parameter. We added a parameter allowing to choose where you want an image to be shown in relation to the text description. This feature adds flexibility to configuring your menu.
- Meal item color and image background. We added parameters allowing to configure meal item background. Now the meal item background can be styled with different color or image. However, promo meals styling will still overwrite default coloring.
- Recommended promo option. We added a new badge to indicate meals you want people to pay attention to. Now you have more options for promoting your special meal items.
- Category description left/right parameter. We added a new parameter allowing to place category description at the right/left of the meals columns. Now you can keep the text on the side and show meals in column(s) rather than underneath.
- Promo Category filter. The parameter allows to group not only categories but also promo options to show them on a separate page and style the way you need.
- Cascading layout description. We missed description for Cascading layout. Now it is there.
- Select categories for Cascading menu. We added select categories parameter to Cascading layout settings. Now you can choose the categories you want to display on the separate page.
Get familiar with FW Gallery Food Menu documentation
to find more information about our product. Please use the comments section at the bottom of each documentation page to comment and suggest improvements that will make the product experience better.
In this article, we will review the Italian restaurant showcase we created with FW Food Menu. A good online menu maintains loyal customers, attracts new customers, and establishes your brand outside physical location.
Building a restaurant online menu shouldn’t be a time-consuming or difficult task. FW Food Menu
is a sound solution to creating effective and working Joomla based restaurant menus.
Reading Time: 10 mins. Implementation Time: 40 mins.
The showcase can be applied to any other restaurant type - family style, fine dining, fast food, etc. The only difference will be in meals’ types and the number of categories you will need to create. We will describe each section of the menu, its elements, and the business idea behind each element. Make sure to understand that to proceed with creating the same menu you need to prepare media content and install FW Food Menu to your Joomla platform. To learn how to get started with FW Food Menu, review our Getting started documentation page
. If you have media content and FW Food Menu in place, it takes less than an hour to create a similar online menu. The overall process for creating such a menu looks as follows:
- Prepare media content - meal images grouped by categories/subcategories.
- Install FW Food Menu to present your online menu with a simple and elegant design that fits your business idea.
- Create the required categories/subcategories to show different meals inside them.
- Display all meals to show their images, pricing terms, portion sizes, and descriptions.
- Configure promo options to highlight and style specific meals.
Check out our Italian Restaurant Guide
for more details on configuring Italian Restaurant menu. Let’s review a cascading design of the Italian restaurant menu below.
The menu for the Italian restaurant showcase is created based on the cascading menu layout. Thе layout allows to display all menu categories in the separate tabs placed at the top of the menu. Tabs help organize the content into categories to help users easily navigate the menu and find what they need by switching between the tabs. It is also a good way to save page space.
Here you can see the following elements:
- Menu item title. A title of the restaurant.
- Categories titles. All categories you have created are displayed as tabs at the top of the menu.
- Meal image. Upload meal images to ensure that your menu looks attractive and appetizing.
- Meal title. Specify the title of the meal.
- Meal description. Add a description for each meal to provide your customers with more information about the meal.
- Labels. Specify additional information for each pricing term using the dedicated pricing grid labels.
- Prices. Add as many pricing terms as it is needed for a meal.
- Meal of the day promo. Use Meal of the day promo to highlight specific meals with a grey box and green sticker.
- New special promo. Highlight your new special meals with a blue sticker.
Creating a good-looking restaurant menu with FW Food Menu doesn’t require coding or development expertise. We have clearly outlined all steps required for creating such a menu in our Italian Restaurant guide
. Should you have any problems while configuring the menu, feel free to ask questions in the comments section at the bottom of the documentation page.