Add online order option or improve existing process. FW Food Menu will convert your website into comprehensive food directory with unique design and online order option. This solution works for existing and brand new websites. Introduce your customers to online order feature right from your website or improve current ordering process to get most of it. Customizations to any part of ordering process reflecting your business specifics are available on demand.
Simple configuration. All food directory websites contain categories and meals and/or drinks. With FW Food Menu managing categories is a simple and creative process, allowing you to get layouts that represent your food concept the best. Managing food and drinks is easy with import/export features and "Quick" functions. Lots of add-ons available for meals enhancements to add pricing layers and discounts, images, meal bades or even multilingual menu versions. Daily specials or chef's meals can be promoted with special promos. Exploring the options is quite exciting and entertaining process, but if you look for a quick result we are happy to help with configuration of any difficulty.
Unlimited design options. While FW Food Menu comes with neat and minimal responsive design there are 4 more designs available for coffe houses, italian restaurants, sushi places and pizzerias. Any design can be modified to your taste by adding backgrounds and changing font colors. Menu can be presented as a plain list or as a tabbed structure. Categories can be designed as slideshow on top of meals with changing just a few parameters in configuration. Current variety of settings allow to replicate almost any printed menu into online version or at least make it look very similar and! responsive. It is up to you if you want to go with standard design, get one of specific designs we have or get an exclusive design for your business.
Get orders from desktops and mobiles. Responsive layout is a key in everyday life as we use smartphones everywhere. Having a nice desktop version was okay some time ago, but these days many websites make only mobile versions to make sure people with smartphones can order food on a website. Our approach is to have both versions fully usable. Why not to make a desktop version as attractive and atmospheric as your business is, and just remove some design elements for smaller screens, keeping customers focus on a food order. We test layouts as we add new features and options to make order process easy and predictable. A well-fed customer is a happy customer )
Allow take aways or delivery. Depending on a business model take aways can be as good as a delivery, if a place is busy and is located in a right spot. More often people prefer a delivery for various reasons. Often delivery layers may vary depending on distance or timing. FW Food Menu covers that all and allows to have as many delivery options as you need. If your business requires a specific delivery procedure with multistep flow, we would be happy to consult on possible solutions.
Get payments online. Most typical ways of paying online are cards and online payment systems. At the moment we have all cards option implemented with Stripe platform and PayPal payment. These 2 payment systems cover most popular approaches. Should your business require a new payment system implemented on your website online menu, we are ready to assist.
Works with Wordpress and Joomla!.These 2 platforms are the most popular platforms for websites. They are easy to use and proved their efficiency to the market during decades of online presence. Whatever platform you prefer we are ready to support you with a choice you make. Choose FW Food Menu for your food business and you will get a reliable developer and support, working with Fastw3b for years.
In a highly competitivefood and restaurant industry having a website makes your effort to grow your business easier. We understand that food and restaurant industry is diverse so the menus also should be diverse and reflect the needs of the particular restaurant business. FW Food Menu is a great solution for creating effective food and restaurant industry websites. In this article, we will review a coffee shop showcase created with FW Food Menu.
The showcase is dedicated to the coffee shop. However, you may apply it to any other quick-serve restaurant business - tea room, sandwich bar, bakery, cake shop, etc. The only difference will be in types and number of categories you will need to create. We will describe each section of the menu, its elements, and the business idea behind each element. Each section is realized with a different style to present different menu ideas for your restaurant business, so choose the one that serves your business needs the best.
Make sure to understand that to proceed with creating the same website you need to prepare media content and install FW Food Menu to your Joomla platform. To learn how to get started with FW Food Menu, review Getting started documentation page. If you have media content and FW Food Menu in place, it takes around half an hour to create a similar online menu. The overall process for creating such a menu looks as follows:
- Prepare media content - meal images grouped by categories/subcategories.
- Install FW Food Menu to present your online menu with simple and elegant design.
- Create required categories/subcategories to show different menu positions inside them.
- Display all menu positions to show their pricing, portion sizes, and description.
- Configure promo options to highlight and style specific menu positions.
- Configure Category module to display particular categories.
Check out our Coffee Shop Guide for more details on configuring Coffee Shop showcase. Let’s, review the showcase section by section below.
This section displayed via FW Food Menu component. All menu items are arranged in two columns to make it look more attractive and structured. Two columns menu is especially helpful when you want to avoid long listings and save some space. An Italian layout design looks cool and will certainly attract customers’ attention.
Here you can see the following elements:
- Category title. Give a short and clear title to the category.
- Category description. Specify the description of the category to bring more clarity to what’s included in the category.
- Meals section. Here are displayed the menu positions referring to the category.
- Meal image. Upload meal images for better menu presentation.
- Meal title. Specify the title of the meal using this field.
- Labels and prices. Labels provide a lot of flexibility. You can use them to specify some additional information or extra ingredient and its respective price. Specify position sizes and respective prices using the pricing grid.
- Special offer with discounts. Use a Special promo with discount prices to highlight a needed menu position.
Meal Category module sections
The last two sections, Coffee and Desserts, are displayed via FW Food Menu Meal Category module based on the Coffee Shop layout design. A clean and elegant Coffee Shop layout design catersfor even the most discerning customers.
The Coffee section is represented as two column menu, it includes nearly the same elements as the section above. However, there are two conceptual differences:
- Meal description. Use this feature to specify the recipe or ingredients used in the meal.
- New special. You can mark a meal as new to highlight it within the category.
The Desserts section is represented as two layers menu - a category with two subcategories. The subcategories are placed in two columns just as in the sections above. Let’s review the conceptual differences below.
- Category with subcategories. We have split the Desserts category into two subcategories, Pies and Cakes, to create a two layers menu. A two layers menu enables your customers to quickly grasp the menu positions they are interested in. You can create as many subcategories as you need to reflect multi-level structure of your menu.
- Meal of the day. The Meal of the day promo allows for effective promotion of your special menu positions. It is displayed within the category and at the top of the menu.
As you can see creating a professional and good-looking website for your coffee shop or any other restaurant business is not as complicated as it might seem. Choose the concept that fits your business idea and create your own coffee shop website with your own hands. We have clearly outlined all steps required for creating such a website in our Coffee Shop guide. Should you have any problems while configuring the website, feel free to ask questions in the comments section at the bottom of the documentation page.
This release was basically centered around a new menu design. Along with that, there were a series of new features and updates. Let’s review all changes below:
- New menu front-end design. We have updated a menu design. A new modern and clean menu design is perfect for multipurpose restaurant use.
- New design for promo options (New, Meal of the day, Special). We have updated promo icons and boxes to make them look even more appealing and attractive.
- New 2 columns menu layout. Now your menu can be arranged in two columns to make it look more organized and structured.
- New Menu Layout options for a menu item. We have updated menu layout options to add more flexibility to a menu item display.
- New FWFM Meal Categories Module. This feature is especially helpful for those who want to display their menu in a module. FWFM Meal Categories Module has the same settings as the component - choose the categories you want to display, set two columns menu, display PDF download button, etc.
- New multi-price feature. Configure a pricing grid for a separate menu position - set different prices for different portion sizes.
- New price discounts option. This option allows to apply a discount to a specific meal. Discounts can be used in pair with promo options for more effective promotion.
- Revised admin panel. We have updated admin panel design. Now it looks cleaner.
- Revised PDF option. An updated PDF option allows to upload a full menu PDF file instead of generating it live. Earlier, it took too much time to wait for online generation and often had design issues.
- Joomla 3.9.x compatibility. We have tested the component with Joomla 3.9.x.
Get familiar with FW Food Menu documentation to find more information about our product. Please use the comments section at the bottom of each documentation page to comment and suggest improvements that will make the product experience better.
In this article, we will review the Italian restaurant showcase we created with FW Food Menu. A good online menu maintains loyal customers, attracts new customers, and establishes your brand outside physical location.
Building a restaurant online menu shouldn’t be a time-consuming or difficult task. FW Food Menu
is a sound solution to creating effective and working Joomla based restaurant menus.
Reading Time: 10 mins. Implementation Time: 40 mins.
The showcase can be applied to any other restaurant type - family style, fine dining, fast food, etc. The only difference will be in meals’ types and the number of categories you will need to create. We will describe each section of the menu, its elements, and the business idea behind each element. Make sure to understand that to proceed with creating the same menu you need to prepare media content and install FW Food Menu to your Joomla platform. To learn how to get started with FW Food Menu, review our Getting started documentation page
. If you have media content and FW Food Menu in place, it takes less than an hour to create a similar online menu. The overall process for creating such a menu looks as follows:
- Prepare media content - meal images grouped by categories/subcategories.
- Install FW Food Menu to present your online menu with a simple and elegant design that fits your business idea.
- Create the required categories/subcategories to show different meals inside them.
- Display all meals to show their images, pricing terms, portion sizes, and descriptions.
- Configure promo options to highlight and style specific meals.
Check out our Italian Restaurant Guide
for more details on configuring Italian Restaurant menu. Let’s review a cascading design of the Italian restaurant menu below.
The menu for the Italian restaurant showcase is created based on the cascading menu layout. Thе layout allows to display all menu categories in the separate tabs placed at the top of the menu. Tabs help organize the content into categories to help users easily navigate the menu and find what they need by switching between the tabs. It is also a good way to save page space.
Here you can see the following elements:
- Menu item title. A title of the restaurant.
- Categories titles. All categories you have created are displayed as tabs at the top of the menu.
- Meal image. Upload meal images to ensure that your menu looks attractive and appetizing.
- Meal title. Specify the title of the meal.
- Meal description. Add a description for each meal to provide your customers with more information about the meal.
- Labels. Specify additional information for each pricing term using the dedicated pricing grid labels.
- Prices. Add as many pricing terms as it is needed for a meal.
- Meal of the day promo. Use Meal of the day promo to highlight specific meals with a grey box and green sticker.
- New special promo. Highlight your new special meals with a blue sticker.
Creating a good-looking restaurant menu with FW Food Menu doesn’t require coding or development expertise. We have clearly outlined all steps required for creating such a menu in our Italian Restaurant guide
. Should you have any problems while configuring the menu, feel free to ask questions in the comments section at the bottom of the documentation page.