In this release, we have come up with a number of new features, updates, and bugfixes. A new design was a prominent improvement that has triggered a lot of changes. Let’s review all of them below:
- New modern-looking responsive design with calm colors. Now property listing and single property views are more structured and user-friendly.
- Map with property details and images. An updated map module allows for displaying property details and images as you zoom in. This feature is especially helpful on the ‘desktop’ investigation stage.
Documentation reference: Map module tutorial.
- Front-end manager layout. We have synchronized Front-end manager interface with Back-end interface since a lot of new fields have been added in property settings.
- User pages access via Front-end manager. The layout of the Front-end manager has been substantially reorganized. Now all user pages can be accessed via the front-end manager.
- Background image for Search module styling. Added the ability to style a Trendy search layout with a background image.
- Automatic/manual currency update mode. Now you can specify currency update mode - automatic or manual. If the automatic mode is used, the currency will be automatically calculated once a day with regard to the official exchange rate and specified back-end currency. If the manual update is used, then you have to manually enter an exchange/cross rate into the corresponding fields and the system will calculate the prices with regard to the specified rate and back-end currency.
- Multiple countries/cities/regions on a single page. We have added the ability to display properties from multiple countries/cities/regions for a single menu item. Now the properties from multiple locations can be displayed on a single page.
- Floor/room plans. Now you can provide more specification details about a property for rent/sale. Add detailed floor/room plans - specify sizes, upload images, add descriptions for each floor/room.
Documentation reference: Properties tutorial.
- Specification/description/features display on a single property page. Now specification, description, and features info sections can be displayed one below the other for a single property view, not just as separate tabs. This feature allows to quickly scan through all information in the property add, on a single page.
- Utility costs for rental functionality. For rental ads, we have added costs section allowing to specify utility costs.
- Pets for rental functionality. For rental ads, we have added pets section allowing to specify pets friendly/not friendly terms.
- Metadata section. We have added Metadata section to improve SEO ranking of your property listings.
- Payment period field. We have added Payment period field allowing to specify payment period terms.
- Leasing deposit. We have added a Leasing deposit field, allowing to specify a leasing deposit amount.
- Minimum lease term. We have added a Minimum lease term, allowing to specify minimum lease term.
- Dwelling terms. We have provided an ability to specify some specific dwelling terms.
- Measures and sizes fields. We have added an ability to specify measures and sizes for your property ads.
- Search by address in the back-end. We have added the ability to search for properties via the admin panel by address for better usability.
- Inquiry form display. We have changed the inquiry form display. Now the inquiry form is displayed as a separate section, on the single property page.
- Slideshow module settings in global settings. We have added a section with slideshow settings in global property configuration for better usability.
- Different price formats for different languages. We have added languages for digits grouping. Now you can set a price format for each particular language.
- Renamed Custom fields section to Dictionaries for better user usability.
- Separate section for Captcha. We have created a separate Captcha section to make it more user-intuitive.
- Search module layout display. We have updated search module layouts as a result of the template update.
- Agent module layouts display. We have updated Mortgage module layouts as a result of the template update.
- Mortgage calculator display. We have updated Mortgage Calculator display as a result of the template update.
- Slideshow module display. We have updated Slideshow module display as a result of the template update.
- Mobile optimization. Optimized the component for mobile views.
- Price display in favorites view. Price column in Favorites listing was empty. Fixed property price display in Favorites page.
- Delete a property from favorites table. Bug resulted in inability to delete a property from the favorites list.
- Agent password confirm. Removed excessive password confirm field from New Agent section.
- Search module display settings. Removed outdated and irrelevant fields from module display settings.
- Category/Type/Status fields in latest module settings. Fixed Category/Type/Status dropdowns. It was impossible to select Category/Type/Status for the properties to be displayed in the Latest module.
- Change password in Agent profile. Bug resulted in inability to change a password for Agent profile page.
- Layout parameter alignment in Latest module settings. Fixed Layout parameter alignment in Latest module settings.
- Facebook/Twitter display. It was impossible to turn off Facebook/Twitter icons on the front-end.
- Property ID and property update display. Property ID and property update fields didn’t appear on the front-end.
- Lease term display on the single property page. Lease term field didn’t appear on the single property page.
- Open hours display. Bug resulted in poor visibility of open hours details.
- Property price in global settings. Bug caused inability to turn on/off the property price.
- Print button in global settings. Bug caused inability to turn off a print button on a single property page.
Get familiar with FW Real Estate documentation
to find more information about our product. Please use the comments section at the bottom of each documentation page to comment and suggest improvements that will make the product experience better.
The abbreviation MLS means Multiple Listings Services that represent the database of all available properties in different areas.
MLS concept is very simple, it is the so-called warehouse. When the property is available for sale, it goes to the warehouse when it is sold, it is not available for storage. But because the property can not be stored in the warehouse, the MLS contains only information about the property. With the MLS you can see what is available for sale at the moment.
Realtors use MLS to publish the information about apartments or houses for sale or rent. The systems also contain the information about all registered real estate brokers in the selected region so users can quickly find the perfect one according to their expectation and pricing policy. Thus, you can see why the integration with MLS databases has so much influence on your real estate website.
The way of integration depends on the mechanism that this system supports.
Most of the MLS databases use 2 search sites:
- RETS (Real Estate Transaction Standard)
- IDX (Internet Data Exchange)
Even if the MLS that need to be integrated does not support these modules for integration, we will apply another procedure.
The advantage of an XML is that each property can have its own unique webpage or URL. By using this you can control the actual URL and the quality of the content on each property page
There are two ways to integrate the MLS into the Fastw3b Real Estate solution:
- MLS/IDX Integration Service
This service provides the direct connection of the MLS to the website. It can be felicitous for the clients that have already had the FW Real Estate purchased and set up properly.
- Property website with integration
If you new in the field or made a decision to build your personal real estate website on Joomla! platform, we will be glad to introduce you to an entirely operative site that you can customize based on your preferences and taste. Once you've installed everything you became the rightful owner of this website.
FW Real Estate Realtor Joomla is one of the best decisions to create real estate websites. Developers can use specialized lists, extended search form, CTA (Call-to-action) and easy configuration. The plugin review will help to understand the advantages that a realtor will receive from this extension.
Adaptive items – the module architecture is designed so as graphic objects look equally well on devices of any size. Computer, smartphone, tablet – all customers will highly appreciate the site usability.
Advanced Search – Joomla real estate module offers the 14 most popular search fields with 3 layout options. The display is also configured. Category, price, area – the plugin allows setting up this and more.
Front-end manager – the agents will be able to manage their real estate at anytime and anywhere. The manager is configured to be displayed on mobile devices.
All the features of a real estate rental website template
There are more than 30 functions in the plugin – there's no point in trying to fully discuss each of them within the brief review. Therefore, we draw attention to the most important:
- Automated currency conversion. The algorithm based on actual rates, so it always shows the relevant data.
- Multilingual support. The support for full content translation into any language is built in the plugin.
- Advanced layout settings. Layouts are designed on a grid that allows applying different display options.
- Advanced captcha. Google captcha is supported, as well as its setting.
- Extended description. More than 50 parameters will help to create an ad that customers are really looking for.
- Search templates. The client can save the search pattern to use it later.
Working with plugin
The documentation is available at FW Real Estate Documentation link. The plugin is compatible with Joomla 3.8 and later versions. To purchase FW Real Estate, follow these steps:
- go to FW Real Estate pricing page;
- the free real estate version of Joomla is not available, so choose a one-time purchase or annual subscription;
- select a payment method, fill in the information and pay for the purchase.
To install FW Real Estate, follow these steps:
- login to admin panel;
- select the “Extensions” item in the top menu and click on it;
- select the “Manage” item, then the “Install” button;
- upload zip file in a preferred way.
If the installation was successful, you will see an appropriate message on a green background.
Advanced search with a large number of fields permits to create a truly customer-friendly website, which allows setting important search criteria immediately and spend time on a detailed view of only those objects that are corresponded to the requirements. Consider, for instance, this option:
Most often, potential agency customers are interested in the following data, which should be displayed in search filters:
- real estate transaction type (purchase, sale, rent);
- object’s purpose (residential, commercial real estate);
- location (country, city, district, proximity to infrastructure, etc.);
- floor space;
- number of rooms and bathrooms;
- cost in the selected currency (the entire object, per square meter, range from... to);
- photo, video, 3D-visualization;
All these fields are implemented with the FW Real Estate plugin. The client will only have to enter the required data for him/her and select the suitable apartment (house) from the drop-down list. With that, the user selectable criteria while completing search form are displayed with icons on the ad preview.
In general, the ability to set in the search form the above-listed components is an application-specific tool for real estate sale that allows making the fast way to the visual presentation of the sold object (just a few clicks), and the presentation as effective as possible. The potential client, considering such content in detail, can imagine himself/herself in the premises. This leads to a notable increase in the number of successful deals.
FW Real Estate is a powerful plugin that allows creating a full-fledged website for a real estate agency. It contains all the necessary elements to be convenient to manage such a site, and clients get exactly what they are looking for.
Competition in the real estate market is growing day by day. Only successful companies that operate in several area and offer to their customers the most complete and high-quality range of services can survive in this environment.
Of great importance in this case is the company’s online representation. A well designed website will introduce your company's activities to the visitors as an effective tool for promoting products and services to potential customers.
Realtors who develop a site of their own enjoy great opportunities. If you have a web site, people can access the data base of your real estate agency at any time, view all property sale, purchase or lease offers, and apply for the most interesting options online.
Realtors can use their websites to post an unlimited amount of information, such as the following:
• real estate prices by city, regions, types of houses and apartments, which enables customers to select items of interest quickly;
• data on the terms of transaction registration, agency services and special promotions for customers available.
Thus, every realtor should have a website for the following reasons:
1. Show off their personalities
You need to use your website, blog, and social media to become a valuable resource of to-the-point and helpful information.
2. Brand your website
By introducing a site of your own you create a brand, as your website is a direct reflection of your goals and services.
3. Stay in contact
Internet presence will allow all current and potential clients to get in touch with you and access the information you have anytime and anywhere.
4. Promote their expertise
Creating a blog on your website could help you attract an audience and gain your readers’ trust. Having a blog enables the agent to keep potential clients informed of the latest news. Blog is a great place to post links to social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.